Monday, January 17, 2005

Dig it!

After a good lie in, sunday morn, got myself up, had a tasty bagel then headed to the allotment. It was a joy to be back after a week.

After last weeks strong winds, the shed my brother joe made for me is still standing strong and was a welcome sight amonst the scarey weed riden ground. But there was nothing else for it, so out came me spade. Managed a good area of digging in the bottom corner of the site that has been covered with plastic for a year. It was hard going to start but then the ground became a bit easier to work. Got a good 9 m2 done in under an hour give of take a cup of tea and stevo visiting.

Spoke to the great Tom who had popped in to tend to his beetroot. He reckoned i should get the poly tunnel that Nigel has for me. It might be susceptable to vandals though. He also offered me a load of strawberry plants which is just what im after.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Robert,
Found your blog. Want to see more pics - only found the one with you by the shed. Ah well. I guess like the allotment itself, these things need time to grow.
Happy days
Sally
ps Does Tom know he's mentioned in person on your blog?

8:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home