Tuesday, March 01, 2005

A different Approach

So, Saturday was another day of digging. After last Saturday's difficult session I was a bit wary of the effort involved. But after a start with the spade I thought this is not really happening so, though frustration, out came the fork and started loosening the root bound soil. After a few different tacks, I found that good progress was being made. Within I couple of hours I had cleared a larger areas than expected and decided the fork was the way forward.

I think it was the fact that weeds such as nettle, bindweed and couch grass have been growing in these areas for about 6 years and have totally over run the soil.

The only consolation is the fact that nettles are an indicator of good soil.

Also laid out the Winston early potatoes to chit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home