Monday, March 21, 2005

Progress

Here are a couple of self encouraging photos. The first shows things as of Saturday there. It was a useful day consisting of a couple of hours digging and sitting down drinking some tea.

The other photo is one that I found the other day that had been taken last year. It shows the areas that were dug over and the amount of weedy areas that I am dealing with this year.

The green house got itself a spot there on Friday. Thanks to Dad who helped me gather up a few old blocks from around the house and get a pretty level base constructed for my new tropical paradise. See picy.

As time moves towards the end of March, I am becoming aware of the fact that I haven't really planted that much yet. The reason being that I think I have become mildly obsessed with getting all the ground looking nice and brown and weed free. Things like the early potatoes, the tomato seeds and most of the other seeds would need potted up or planted. It might be a good idea for me to redirect my energies .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi rob,
i love your allotment blog! Living in the big smoke, it reminds me of fresh air, (even though you are in the little smoke) and you turning up with armfulls of rhubarb when I lived in St Albans.
Looking forward to seeing you soon, and keep the updates coming
x daisey

1:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home