Friday, April 15, 2005

Aspiring to Asparagus

An order of 12 asparagus crowns arrived on wed. from Jane's Lane Nursery from eBay. Thought they were very reasonable. I had some for dinner the other night and thought, this is the way forward. Aim to plant them this weekend and hope to have myself some tender green spears next year. Oh I can wait!

Got those great looking red and blackcurrent bushes in last night. Just hope it wasn't too late to plant them as they are in leaf. I put them in front of the green house as a wind break.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rob... very excited by your allotment, I, in my totally ungreenfingered way have planted tomatos, beans, and lettuce in my grimy sheperds bush backyard.....oh and some sweet peas..... and nothing has died yet...all very exciting going to say hello to them every morning, nothing as exotic as asparagus though! big hugs
lilly x

9:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a nice blog, thanks I enjoyed it,
I've got one aboutasparagus picture
asparagus picture

5:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home